Thursday, August 12, 2004

Best Interview
I've been reading with interest some blogs written by law school students and lawyers. They take me back to my school days and my days with a litigation firm. School was great. The firm was not. I am sad to report I was terrible at interviewing with firms. I am good at interviewing for most things, but I never had a grasp on what firms were wanting. Now that I see blogs from attorneys who interview, I can see that I never had a chance anyway. Comforting and disheartening all at the same time. I didn't really want to be a litigator anyway, but I did want to have the chance to turn it down! Instead, I pretty much just collected rejection letters. I would joke that I was planning to wallpaper my bathroom with them once I had enough.

Well, the end of the story is that I got the job of my dreams and I love it even after 8 years. I'm glad for my short-term experience with a litigation firm because I learned I never wanted to go there again. I don't waste any time wondering, "what if...." And I wish I had conducted some interviews like this. That would have been fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->