Monday, August 09, 2004

McHelp!
I drove over to McDonald's tonight to pick up some of their delicious new salads for dinner tonight. I was the only one in line at the drive through. I paid at the first window and the clerk dropped some change as he was handing it to me. He looked down, then walked away! Turned out it was only a penny, so I didn't say anything. I moved on up to the second window. A 19-ish blonde girl handed me my drinks then said, "Could I please get you to pull up and I'll bring your food to you."

"But, there is nobody in line behind me," I said.

She just looked at me as if I had spoken Klingon. I went on, "I think I'll just stay here since nobody is behind me." She glanced behind me, then back at me with a blank, 'are-you-disrespecting-the-drive-through-girl' look and she went to check on my order.

About two minutes went by and she came back to the window and said (in a deadpan voice as if she had never seen me before), "Could I please get you to pull up and I'll bring your food to you." This time there was somebody at the paying window behind me fumbling through her purse for money, but she hadn't even paid yet and her food wasn't ready. Another employee said, "Why are you parking her? Her food is almost ready." So I stayed. And stayed. It still wasn't ready, so I pulled forward when the lady behind me actually pulled up close behind me. Incredibly, they brought me my food before they gave her's to her.

The whole thing was kind of funny and kind of sad. The girl lacked all ability to assess the situation and act accordingly. She was like a robot with a short. The usual staff at this particular restaurant is very good (except for the fact that they skimp on ice), so I doubt blondie will last long. Hopefully she'll learn something before she goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->