Thursday, August 19, 2004

Oh, Now I Get It
I have a book of brainteasers intended to test one's intelligence. I love the book and have tried to learn from the questions I got wrong as well as the questions I got right. There is one question that asks the reader to explain the behavior of two friends. After dinner, the first friend rushed to the bathroom to wash his face, while the other sat there and waited. What could account for this? The answer is the guy who left to wash his face had a clean face, so the guy who stayed behind assumed his was clean as well. But he was wrong, his face was covered with food, which is what his friend saw. His friend assumed he might be just as dirty, so he went to clean up.

I wish this lesson had occurred to me when I saw the cages the DNC put up for protestors. At the time, I wondered why they thought they might need cages. The republicans I know are quite civil and do not need to be caged like animals when they voice their opinions. It was very strange. But now I understand. The democrats assumed we would use tactics similar to their own imbecilic methods. Notice that there is no attempt at persuasion, this is merely a childish romp which, presumably, entertains the democrats while simultaneously vexing the republicans.

And in case you don't really get how much democrats hate republicans, you should see this poster, which depicts the view that republicans are exploiting 9/11 (and that all republicans are Christian). I'm thinking democrat Christians should definitely be aware of their party's stance on this issue. Frankly, I'm not sure how one confuses exploiting and avenging, or exploiting and preventing, but it may be another example of one group presuming there are evil intentions because the group doing the presuming has its own evil intentions.

(Thanks to Dawn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->