Monday, August 16, 2004

Que Shiraz Shiraz
I had an excellent glass of wine in Enid last Thursday. While I'm pretty much a teetotaler, I do love a glass of red wine now and again, especially with good cheese. We had Yellow Tail Shiraz, but the hostess also recommends Rosemount Estates.

Just a side note most of you don't know about me: I took a college class all about alcohol and wine. Our labs were at a local hotel where we taste tested products. The class was actually one of my most difficult college classes. We learned how alcholic beverages were made (our exams asked us to describe the processes for different beverages like gin, rum, wine, beer, port...) and we had to know all the varieties of grapes and the different regions in Europe. We learned how to read labels, how to mix drinks and how to pair food with wine. We even took a field trip to a liquor store! It was a great class. (And, if you didn't know, I was a hotel and restaurant management major.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->