Saturday, August 14, 2004

I'm Back!
Hey friends! Sorry for my absence. We just had a few crazy days with no time to blog.

Thursday I went shopping for a new storm door at Home Depot. I finally chose a fine Andersen door, and I can't wait to have it installed! Our present door is at least 40 years old. The window doesn't stay open and Colin disassembled the closure mechanism when he was two. We have to slam it closed every time!

Thursday night was our first PTF officers meeting (parent-teacher fellowship). Dinner was incredible and because of the weather (about 75 degrees) we were able to eat outside. I knew but 4 people there (out of 30), but I think I'm going to like the group. They seemed quite genuine and the concerns that were raised related to making new families feel welcomed, being good stewards of money/property, and making Godly choices for our entertainment throughout the year.

Friday the boys and I headed to Enid to see Meg, my best friend from Enid. She now lives in Chicago, so I don't see her much. We started our day at Leonardo's and then ate a delicious Pak-a-Sac meal of cheeseburgers and onion rings. The boys played on the back patio overlooking a pond all afternoon and had bike races in the driveway with Meg's dad officiating. It was another beautifully cool day in Oklahoma. This is, bar none, THE BEST Oklahoma summer EVER!! We had a suprise phone call around 3:00 asking us to visit another friend, who had been called by an old friend who was in town from Albuquerque. We called one more friend and we had a mini-reunion! It was a welcome suprise. Hanging with friends you've known for 30 years is so very comfortable.

We missed the book passing, so I can't report on that. But the official opening of the new library is Tuesday at noon. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->