Thursday, September 30, 2004

PoP Update
Dad seems to be improving slightly today. He did tell me to ask the nurse if he would make it through the night....but the good thing is he seemed a little more lucid. He is experiencing aftertaste when he eats, which leads me to believe he still has anesthesia in his body. Perhaps that is the cause of his trouble. He keeps pulling out his oxygen, which has also lead to low saturation levels. And, he pulled out his catheter. All I can say about that is, "EEEEEEEOOOWWWWWWW!!!"

Tonight he asked me where I was staying. I told him I was staying at my house, and he asked where that is. I told him it is in Oklahoma City and asked whether he remembered going there before. He said no. But he also asked about James and the boys, so he's not completely out of it. His nurse, who has known him 4 years, said he did not recognize her last night. But, he did seem to recognize her tonight. He is extremely tired and is still in pain. His incision is nearly a foot long across his chest, starting under his arm. He said he feels like he was run over by a truck. No doubt.

Anyway, I'm a bit more optimistic tonight. I'll take the boys to see him tomorrow and update you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->