Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tuesday Update
Well, I'm not even sure what to report about dad's condition. First of all, he says he feels better. He is eating pureed meals today. He is moving his hands more. It all looks better, but I am discouraged. I was hoping once he was hydrated and fighting infection with antibiotics, he would "come around," but he really isn't. He still falls asleep easily (and deeply) and his eyes look lost and tired. Maybe he's still just too tired. Maybe it will come around. I don't know.

I did forget to tell one good thing from Sunday night. He looked like he wanted to say something, so I go real close and said, "Did you want to tell me something." He blinked and said, "I wish...... I were an Oscar Mayer weiner." That is SO my dad and it showed that he is still there.

Anyway, I did arrange hospice today. The doctor said she had a neurologist look at him yesterday and he thinks he is in the final stages of Parkinson's. I question that diagnosis, but it will get him hospice care so I'll leave it at that for another day. She is thinking she'll send him back to the nursing home in two days. I told her I want to be sure hospice is in place before he goes and she agreed with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->