Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sunday Afternoon Update
Dad looked MUCH better this afternoon. He had his eyes open and his eyes were dialating together (they were not this morning). He couldn't talk when I first got there, but he was able to squeeze my hand for yes and not squeeze for no. His nurse said he had talked plainly while I was at church. After I swabbed his mouth and let him suck water out of the swabs, he was able to talk a little better. He really wanted ice. I knew the nurse didn't want him to have it, but I decided to sneak it to him anyway. It really made him feel better. The funny thing was, a nurse came in while I was giving it to him. I had told him to stop chewing if anyone came in, and he did. I hid the cup. But she was there to take his temperature orally!!! She was so suprised that his temperature was down to 97 degrees from 100 degrees!!! I was just glad that it was 97 and not 42!

I am much more optimistic after this afternoon. I'm sure he'll be able to eat tomorrow (he has a feeding tube in his nose right now), and I don't think he seems confused. He mostly seems weak and tired. More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's doing better! And you're so sneaky with that ice!

You're such a good daughter. I'm glad he had a chance to tell you he loves you.

Angi L.

9:19 PM, October 10, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->