Saturday, October 09, 2004

Update
Dad is now resting at Baptist. They determined he has pneumonia in his left lung and he is dehydrated. They have put him on antibiotics and giving him hydration through an IV. Everything else checks out normal. They are hoping he will wake up in 24-48 hours after the hydration and antibiotics have some time to work. Then they will assess him neurologically. I have asked the nurse to make sure physical therapy begins tomorrow (passive manipulation). Tomorrow I will check into getting him hospice care. My friend worked hospice and said it would help him get better care. I feel much better having him at the hospital. He even looked better to me before I left tonight. He wasn't acting better, but he looked more at ease somehow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan,
I'm glad you feel better about his care there. We are praying.

Angi L.

10:04 PM, October 09, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->