Sunday, November 14, 2004

The Return of the Red Eye
I just returned from my church's ladies retreat. Although I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning and 1:00 a.m. this morning and I look tired, my soul is refreshed. I had a lot of time alone in the great outdoors. Time to reflect and commune with God. Time to receive direction and comfort. But most of my time was spent with friends. I hung out with my girls, with whom I am completely at ease. We sang and worshiped together. I had time to deepen my relationships with two women I admire (word out to AA and AW), and this morning we experienced the most special communion EVER. It brings tears to my eyes to think of it.

The most touching time for me was when I told my friends about my dad's funeral and the plan I had had for the Doxology. Though nobody else knew it, it did not go as I had planned. So, they volunteered to sing it with me as I had wanted it. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. Beautiful words from beautiful faces. It was as if angels surrounded me. I am truly blessed beyond measure.

I usually go to the retreat with hopes of blessing others. I pray for God to place someone before me who needs encouragement or introductions or...whatever. This year I was the one who was in need of comfort and strength. I got that and so much more. I am forever grateful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stayed up till 4am on sat???
How come you tossed me out at 2 ??????

I agree on the communion.....I still have the tissue you passed me with the little note on it.....Didnt use it........kept it as a reminder.....

The doxology bit was awesome too. That whole night was a keeper of a memory..........we should plan another of those nights.....You C.O.C. girls can really sing....

I wont forget the w/e either.....

10:08 PM, November 15, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->