Saturday, December 25, 2004

Ye Old Christmas
I was awake most of the night with a cough. I curled up in the living room in front of the TV and watched WGN's Yule Log, which turned the television into a fireside and played soft Christmas music. Every thirty minutes, they would play these Christmas greetings from long, long ago. Suzy Snowflake, Frosty the Snowman, and Hardrock, Coco and Joe. As I sat and listened by the "fire," I reminisced about all my Christmases past. Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Colorado. Beautiful memories. I thought about all I had done for my children this Christmas and how my own parents had done the same for me as I grew up, though I did not realize it at the time. And I fell asleep with tears in my eyes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know those nostalgia feelings well.

I hope you awoke with strength renewed and spirits high for the shadows of the night have passed away. One of Gods greatest gifts is the new day.

I was thinking about you on Christmas day. What did you do?? I shall be looking to your new blog for the answer.

Im really glad our paths have crossed.

5:32 PM, December 26, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->