Saturday, February 12, 2005


I love these guys! They have a 1/2 page section on the front of the classifieds every Friday, and they are hilarious (as well as informative). I suspect most of my readers would pass over this section of the paper, as I did for years. Once you start reading it, you'll be hooked. They always give the questioner a little ribbing, such as this answer from yesterday's column about whether it is okay to operate a car without a catalytic converter: "Steve, Don Rumsfeld is on his way to your house as we speak. But on the plus side, we hear Guantanamo Bay is quite balmy this time of year."
Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could have saved some $$$ and avoided some good natured ribbing if you would have asked them about your battery problem! lol

Sandy

11:56 AM, February 12, 2005  
Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

The answer is "yes". You will get a ticket & have to get a convertor put on. Now, however, the guys that changed your car to run w/o the convertor can get a $25,000 fine & go to jail.

2:07 PM, February 12, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Dwayne, you sound a little...um...bitter. May I suggest: http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/e-fession.htm

2:44 PM, February 12, 2005  
Blogger M.Stonecipher said...

Cat converters arent the horsepower draining pains they used to be. I know with my race car I can get a high flow converter for it, it would still pass inspection if we had any here. Used to be in the past a person could punch out the guts of a cat converter and it would stil look like there was one on it, also can drive a straight pipe through it too. I have not ever done these things myself though. No good muffler shop will remove a converter.

9:20 PM, February 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as i enjoy them in the paper, they are even better on air each saturday morning on npr.

12:03 PM, February 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->