Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My friend Meg is coming to visit me tomorrow. YAY! Meg and I have been friends for 31 years now! Wow. We're going to take our children downtown for a big adventure. I can hardly wait!

We're also planning our upcoming trip to Big Cedar Lodge in Missouri. We're going with friends and have big plans for canoeing (Hi Dwayne!), swimming and generally taking it easy. We've already packed one small bag with games to play in the evenings, and I made a couple jars for lightening bug lanterns that are sure to make some memories.

It is hard to believe summer is almost gone. Spencer will be going to preschool 3 mornings a week and I'll get my first tiny sip of the empty nest. I have a feeling we'll both be crying that first day (or so). Colin will be gone all day and bringing home homework. Life as we know it is about to turn inside out! It is, all at once, scary and exciting.

(The squirrels hae finally discovered the fig tree outside my window, which makes blogging all the more fun. At present there is a little squirrel out there looking right at me with big brown eyes and a swishy tail.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If'n ya git inta trouble with the local authorities, I reckon I won't be able ta hep ya much. I dun know nuttin' bout Missurah canoe laws.

Have fun.

Ya need to borrow any games for the weekend?

4:29 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

Hi MEG!!!

11:00 PM, August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->