Friday, August 05, 2005

Dragonfly Tales
Colin's science camp met at the Omniplex today. The camp leader had extra tickets, so Spencer and I got to go in, too. In many ways that was a mistake because Colin insisted on hanging with us rather than with his camp group, but it was a fun time for us, too. We ended up staying the entire day except for lunch and we still didn't see everything! The highlights were the mirror maze, the salt water fish tank, the rocket simulator, the magnetic sand and the gift store.

I really enjoyed looking over the complete pullman car they had on display. The interior was complete with beautiful wood panels, decorative lighting and upholstered seating. Strangely there was a slim-line phone and a Maytag dishwasher, but other than that is seemed authentic.

At lunch time Spencer and I ditched Colin and went to McDonald's for lunch. I was half-way through my salad when I discovered a dragonfly wing and thorax in my salad!!!!! I discreetly found a worker and pointed to it, and she took it away. She returned with a side salad (a bowl of iceberg lettuce) and said, "They said they thought it looked like lettuce, but they're not sure what it was." I said, "IT WAS A DRAGONFLY!" She didn't seem appropriately shocked or even concerned. I should have fought for a new salad with chicken and all, but I wasn't up for it, so I just said thanks and let it go. Apparently these people never read the papers or they would have known to offer me a bunch of coupons for free food to make me happy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came home after a weird experience like that at a different fastfood place (can't remember which one) and found the corporate website. They're much more responsive than the local guys who are just trying to serve french fries through the lunch rush. I wrote an email on the "contact us" place and got a real human to call me and apologize. I got a coupon or two for free food. (Oh and if you sign, Jan B., attorney you'll probably get three or four!)

Angi L.

6:23 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger M.Stonecipher said...

At least they didnt charge you extra for the bug!
I think it has happend to everyone at some point.

10:26 AM, August 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->