Thursday, September 15, 2005

Like Father, Like Son
Today Colin attended his first Boy Scout meeting. We met in the school gym and all the little boys in their uniforms sat in a circle at center court. It doesn't get much cuter. I stayed up late last night sewing the appropriate badges (troop number, etc.) on his shirt, which reminded James he still had his first uniform. He brought it out and it was the same size as Colin's new shirt. Still smelled like James' parents' home. We hung them up side by side for the boys to see in the morning. They were amazed.

This is one of those days I've dreamed of for a long time. I'm proud to have a scout in the family. Perhaps I'll sew hundreds of badges on shirts late at night in the coming years. I certainly hope so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Jan. You will begin building many memories surrounding all of your sons' scouting experiences. Don't forget to stock up on all the latest scout scrapbook paper and accesories too ;) Did your husband go very far in scouting?
barb aka lovely wife

8:36 PM, September 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a whole sheet of scouting phrase stickers (clear) that you can have. I got it as a freebee at that scrap retreat.

11:08 PM, September 15, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Anonymous,
Oh, how you tease me with your kind offer veiled with total annonymity.
: )

7:49 AM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->