Saturday, November 18, 2006

Randomness

1) If there is a middle lane with arrows...a lane where nobody seems to drive...it may just be a TURN LANE. If you wish to turn left, you may want to use said TURN LANE. This is only a suggestion.

2) If your children are, say, on a field trip and they are supposed to be quiet and listen to the speaker...well, let's just say, the parents may want to STOP TALKING, TOO. ugh!

3) Two different cashiers have shorted my change by five cents this week. What is up with that? Is this some sort of conspiracy? I told the first clerk his drawer would be off by five cents (because, you know, you can get in trouble for that sort of thing), and he said, "Oh, that's okay...you can just keep it." Um...shouldn't he get in even more trouble for THAT? Or not? I don't know. Now I'M confused. The second cashier handed me a penny, shut the door and walked away, so I decided not to wait until she returned to ask for a measley nickle.

4) I really don't know how to spell "measley." I'm not lookin' it up, either.

5) Well, yes, I suppose I am a little grouchy today, now that you mention it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

"If your children are, say, on a field trip and they are supposed to be quiet and listen to the speaker...well, let's just say, the parents may want to STOP TALKING, TOO. ugh!"

Amen! Though that's not a comment about your school-we loved them. (But there have been other schools where we talk about the 'badly behaved' parents at lunch and after the school bus pulls away at the end of the day.)

12:09 AM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger CGHill said...

"Measly" is the word which means something similar to "meager" or "insignificantly insignificant."

"Measley" sounds like, well, you have major face bumpage, and I don't believe that for a moment.

11:22 AM, November 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Talking parents on a field trip.

THAT was always one of my biggest pet peeves.

Judy - www.judyh58.blogspot.com

10:29 AM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->