Monday, December 27, 2004

Unsolicited Christmas Report
(Hi Meg!)
Christmas went well and we have the messy house to prove it!! Not to mention an exhausted mommy! There were some tense moments there before Christmas when Colin suprised us by asking Santa for a USA flag towel and a sea lion. Even Spencer's airplane request turned into an adventure. I got a towel ordered online, only to recieve a notice on the afternoon of the 23rd that my order had been backordered!!! Luckily, I found a kind soul at a sporting goods shop who was willing to embroider a flag on a white towel for me. Whew. Then there was the late night eve of Christmas eve visit to my favorite store (WalMart) in search of an airplane. That was quite an experience. (Nobody could get down the aisles because most of the toys were ON THE FLOOR in the aisles!! Oh, the inhumanity!)

Anyway, the boys were very excited Christmas morning and I was proud of their sincere reactions to their gifts. They even hugged each other! At our house, we take turns opening gifts, which has never been a problem until this year. Colin was SO excited he was wiggling while he waited for his turn. Pretty cute, really.

When we were finished, James and realized we had overdone it a bit. Good thing we cleaned out the boys' room a few weeks ago.

Our Japanese friends came for lunch and we kept them here until late in the day playing our new favority game, Blockus. Man, is that a fun game. It is sold as a children's game, but it is really for all ages. And, its addictive! The games are fairly short, and you always want to play "just one more time" in hopes that you'll win. I bet we played 20 games in one day!

We also got the new Polar Express board game, which is a good strategy game for children. The board looks a lot like Candy Land, but there are some add-ons to the game that make it more interesting. Highly recommended if you like playing games as a family.

Lunch was simple. I bought a honey-baked ham and warmed it up, then served dilled peas, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. My chocolate bundt cake didn't come out of the pan straight, so it was lovely. I started cooking an hour before lunch. That sounds about right, don't you think?

After Christmas, I normally shop all day trying to find some good bargains for next year's holidays. This year, I went to just 3 stores. I purchased a Lenox Christmas serving piece, gilded oak leaves for Thanksgiving and a calendar. Today I got some bargains at my scrapbooking store (everything is 40% off today and tomorrow) and I bought some new shoes.

So much was happening in December, it seems like Christmas came and went in a flash. I would like to thank all of you who have so generously offered money and items for my friends who lost their homes to fires this month. They have been richly blessed by you, and I have been doubly blessed to witness your generosity and sweet hearts. What you have done for them has made this one of my best holidays ever. May you be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->