Thursday, September 29, 2005

At Last
The cool weather has finally arrived!! It all started last night when the north wind blew in with great gusts. I took the boys out to the southern point of Lake Hefner where the waves were crashing against the park wall and spraying 20 feet into the air. We stood near the wall , held our arms out wide and got drenched. The wind was so strong we were leaning into it. It was glorious.

We opened up the windows last night and slept under the cool breeze, awakening this morning to the long list of outdoor chores that have been waiting for such a day as this. I only got to one of those chores today, but it was good to get going. I am widening a sidewalk that is between two gardens by laying stone, so I dug it out to the proper depth and then started the puzzle process, trying this stone and then that until they fit together just close enough. Then comes the weed barrier and the leveling sand and the fitting and refitting. It took hours! I'm not quite finished but I have a good start and a big mound of dirt to prove something is going on.

I also got to visit Lowe's today and choose a new sink and hardware to replace the sink in our upstairs bath. The plumber came and I showed him all my trouble spots and we finally determined we have a big job ahead, so we didn't get to put the sink in today. Instead, we're going in from below and changing out all the pipes (they are old, rusty pipes, you see). Turns out the sink is too big, anyway, so now I have time for more shopping. Kinda puts a dent in the wallet, though.

Who cares. Its FALL! Fall makes me too happy to worry about such trivial things as finances. On Pedestal, Hardware, on Pipes and on Flanges! On Pea Drains and Tile Work and Big Sinks in Bathrooms! HO HO HO! Merry Autumn!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->