Sunday, October 02, 2005




The Manolo was asked recently to recommend the lower heeled shoes for the woman of a certain age who also wishes to look powerful in the workplace. I took issue with his choices and was duly flogged by The Manolo's loyal fans (of which I am one). On further reflection, I am in agreement with him on his first two choices. I'm still not crazy about the kitten heel pump though.

A firm believer that one should never criticize without offering a solution, I have found some shoes that I find more in line with the look of the office. In doing this, I am opening myself up for criticism, but I feel it my duty to follow through. The Manolo is the true fashion guru and I am but an old-fashioned shoe lover, but here are my selections nonetheless. (The first is from Van Eli and the others are from Talbots).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know in my heart, Jan, that you love me and my feet, although I have to wear orthopedic shoes, and I haven't had a pedicure in about a year.

It's fun to look at those pretty shoes - and I don't have to worry about not being able to afford them, since I wouldn't be able to wear them anyway!

'How beautiful are feet of them that preach the gospel of peace.'
Romans 10:15

Angi L.

10:01 PM, October 02, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Oh, yes Angi. I do love you and your feet. Also, I've never noticed you wearing orthopedic shoes. As much as I like looking at the pretty pretty shoes, I rarely notice what my friends are wearing! And, as you know, I'm supposed to be wearing my arch support athletic shoes every day, which is pretty much the same as having to wear orthopedic shoes!

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

Peace Out.

10:30 PM, October 02, 2005  
Anonymous Arch Support Athletic Shoes said...

These shoes are simply perfect for workplace use. I would definitely buy both black shoes.

1:46 AM, June 21, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->