Saturday, December 31, 2005



Still Down
Looks like I may be back Sunday. I hope! I miss you guys!

We had a great Christmas at home. The boys were amazed that Santa actually came! (They knew he had been there because of the cookie crumbs on the plate). Colin got 5 of the 10 requested body parts. He said, "Well, Santa didn't bring me everything I wanted, but he brought exactly what I wanted on the parts he brought!" Whew.

I'm in full swing planning for our church's ladies retreat, which is happening VERY soon. My dining room has been transformed into retreat central, even before Christmas has been put away! My new year's resolution? No new volunteer work for 2006.

I got a bicycle for Christmas! It is a metalic powder blue retro bike, deserving of a white wicker basket with daisies for the handlebars (and don't put it past me!). I'm going to try to take it out for a turn around the lake this afternoon. If you're driving by and see a big old-fashioned bike jittering back and forth and scaring all the children, that's me.

Tuesday is tonsillectomy day for little Spencer. He's slightly scared. I'm pretending I'm not scared. I'm scared. Not of the procedure so much, but the anesthetic. Also, I don't want to see any look of terror on Spencer's face, so I'm scared about that. Of course, we'll arrive in the morning and come home around lunch time, so the reality is that it is a simple procedure with nothing to worry about. (Unless you read the legal cases everyday like I do, which makes me psycho).

Anybody going out on the town tonight? OKC has a great event downtown, but my family is too "homebody" for that, so we'll be home at midnight. )I would go if I could get even one of them to go with me! I tried to get someone to go with me just to look at the lights last night, and I couldn't even swing that!)

My time at the office is over. Hope to be back soon.

Happy New Year to You All!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Happy New Year to you too. Glad you are *almost* back.

I'll pray that your son's tonsillectomy goes perfectly on Tuesday.

later...

9:32 PM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

9:44 AM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger Judy said...

Praying for Spencer and Mommy.

8:37 AM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->