Friday, December 02, 2005

Pillow Talk
"Mommy, I'm a little jealous of Spencer."

"Why?"

"Well, why did he get his picture in the newspaper? He's not even famous. All he had to do was sit on a swing and I've been working very hard and I didn't get in the paper. I mean, I've been studying for three years and he just sat on a swing. It's not fair."

(Mommy laughs out loud, accidentally). "Are you famous?"

"No, but Spencer's not famous, either and he didn't even go to school. It isn't fair."

"Well, you know, you don't have to be famous or work hard to get your picture in the paper. You just have to be in the right place when the guy with the camera comes by."

"But, I was just right there beside Spencer and he only took a picture of Spencer."

"Colin, I'll bet there will be a whole book about you someday."

"I know. I'm already writing it."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what great perspective from that little guy. Honesty beyond belief and a trusted, safe environment in which to express that tender, honest heart. Pretty amazing, if you ask me.
barb
aka lovely wife

4:39 PM, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->