Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years Eve we played with the tigers! Petco in Edmond had 4 baby tigers (10 weeks old) visiting and for a fee and a long wait, we got to play with them for 8 minutes. It was an incredible experience. They weren't as soft as we thought they would be; the fur was more like a dog's fur than a cat's. And they were huge for 10 weeks old! Those kittens could have taken any one of us out in seconds.

The most incredible moment for me was when I looked into one tiger's eyes. I could only look for a few seconds. It was like looking into another world, and I could see wild in there. I could see that he was not predictable, and it seemed as if something about looking in my eyes was getting to him, too. I had to look away for fear, even though he was happily nestled in my lap enjoying life.

The whole experience was fantastic. If you ever have the chance to hold a baby tiger, take it!

1 Comments:

Blogger rosemerry said...

I live in Florida and when I used to be in school, a long time ago. I was in middle school. We would have wildlife people come in with the Florida panther and tell us about him.

We couldn't touch the Florida panther but just having him in the same room a few feet away from us was really neat. The panther was on a leash. The wildlife person said not to look into the panther's eyes because that is like issueing them a challenge to see who is more dominant and so the panther could attack you.

It might be the same with your experience with the baby tiger but since the baby tiger is smaller than a human adult. It might have felt more afraid than challenged and wanted to get away.

I'm not an expert or anything but that's what I remember.

12:51 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->