Wednesday, March 01, 2006

All I Want for Easter is to Lose My Teeth!
Colin is sad. He still has all of his teeth.

Last night, he tried to pull one out with a napkin. After school, he asked me to take him to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. Tonight he ate an apple for dinner in hopes it would jar a tooth loose. Nothing worked.

He got out of bed tonight and came to me saying, "Mommy, I need to tell you how I've been feeling. Last night I was so sad I cried. . . and I'm just so sad."

He just wants a tooth to come out. He does have a few concerns, though. First of all, he is hoping the tooth fairy stuff is not real, because he is afraid she will take his tooth. He NEEDS his tooth for his collection of body parts! He is also concerned the dentist will keep the tooth. I told him not to worry, nobody can make him give up his tooth.

We're overdue for dental appointments, so I told him I would call his dentist in the morning and get an appointment. I told him he may not pull a tooth out, but we will get X-rays and see if those big teeth are coming down. In the strange household I live in, my son ran out of the room yelling, "Good news, Daddy! Mommy is going to take me to the dentist!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->