Friday, September 01, 2006

Good Morning! As you can see, I'm making some changes around here....doing a little "painting" and changing the "wallpaper." Expect to see a few more details change in the coming days as I finally learn how to navigate the template. I've been playing around with the template for years, but have been mostly unsuccessful. I had a really super-cool font going on, but didn't realize that none of you could see it unless you had happened to download the same exact font onto your very own computer. (When I saw my blog on a friend's computer, I was amazed that it looked nothing like the one on my computer! I was simply amusing myself with my fancy fonts!)

So, anyway, I saw this fabulous blog header over at Don't Try This at Home and it was so similar to what I had always envisioned for my blog, I quickly contacted Larry Jones, who provided the new header you see up there. I still haven't discovered how to size it correctly, but at least it is there. My friend Dan tried to translate computerese to English for me so I could fix some things, but I never did quite understand. Poor Dan. His intellect is in the stratosphere, so far removed from most of us that he cannot comprehend our ignorance. I think I may have caused him to sprout some grey hairs. But he tried. . . he really tried.

Then there is the lovely Katrina of Notes on a Napkin, who kindly sent me her entire template, highlighted in all the right places so I really couldn't fail. I played around with her color chart and, viola, presto chango and all that. Thank you.

See, it really does take an e-village to raise an internet web log blogger. Which reminds me, many thanks to the democrats who have worked tirelessly to invent the internet and to bring people together into village communities to support the little people like me.

3 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

It looks really nice.

It's nice that you have so many friends that can help you out on this!

later...

10:18 PM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in the running for best family blog! Congrats!

6:57 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Violet N. said...

It looks wonderful! I had to pinch myself to make sure I was at the right place. Congrats on the blog nomination - you go girl!!

7:28 PM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->