Saturday, September 02, 2006

I haven't posted any shoes for a while, but now that the seasons are changing, it is time! We'll start with these mules by Donald J. Pliner. They are simple in design, not too high, and a bit edgy. Nice.
Next we have some summer shoes by Taryn Rose. I really like the Taryn Rose style...the shoes just look comfortable and classic. I threw in these summery shoes because this is the best time of year to purchase summer shoes on sale!

These incredible pumps by Stuart Weisman are called "Sensual" and I can see why. Don't you just want to touch them? Wow.

Okay, in total contrast to the Stuart Weitzman's, I present to you honest-to-goodness women's shoes from Hannah Andersson. As goofy as they are, I bet it would be a lot of fun to wear them with a pair of jeans and a pretty, pretty pink shirt.

These boots by Donald J. Pliner are made with velvet and pewter. I'm not a boot girl, but now I'm thinking I could be.

I love these d'Orsay shoes by Taryn Rose. I just have a thing for bows wrapped around the foot, and I like that seam at the toe, too. Then there is the rich brown color and the soft nappa leather. These are my favorites of the lot.

These are my least favorites...in fact, I don't like them. Did we not learn from the 80s that this style is just not flattering? The flat feet, the toe cleavage and the hammer-toe toe boxes? Ugh. I noticed this style is prevalent on the sites that sell classic women's wear. What to do? What to do?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, woman! How many shoes do you have?

I have 6 pairs of dressy shoes, 3 pairs of sandals, 3 pairs of flip-flops, and 3 pairs of tennis shoes. Oh and 4 pairs of boots.

Most of my shoes (all but 4 pairs) are more than 2 years old.

How in the world do you afford them?

5:50 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Violet N. said...

Delicious shoes - as usual!

(BTW you're tagged - but no pressure if you'd rather not.)

7:45 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Jan said...

Heavens, Shelly! I don't own all these shoes! In fact, you actually own more shoes than I do! I just like to window shop. Some of these shoes here cost almost $300. I'd have to work a whole lot harder than I do to afford shoes like that!

9:10 PM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->