Monday, September 18, 2006

Out and About

Today I had to drive north to see my doc and then make a trip back south to see my pharmacist. Although I spent most of the time in my car, it was an interesting trip.

The news' helicopter was flying over the capitol.

A van was pulled over on the expressway. A man was holding on to a lady who was clearly trying to escape. A thin gentleman in a suit jumped out of his car and went to her aid. I hope everyone is okay.

Twin teenage girls were walking down the street identically dressed in black t-shirts, blue jeans, ponytails and backpacks. Cute.

A lady came in to the pharmacy to fill a prescription for an elderly woman who fell while walking in the mall. The lady picked up the woman, who had broken her teeth, took her to the dentist, took her to the pharmacy, got her medicine, soup and ginger ale and left to take the lady home. Nice.

An older gentleman in his blue jumpsuit, white socks and sandals bent over to read the For Rent sign to the person on the other end of his cell phone.

My husband generously offered to drive carpool for me today.

The weather is perfect. Sunny, cool and breezy.

The woman in front of me at the stop light drove an old Chevrolet. The burgundy interior was faded to a dark pink. She wore a grey T-shirt and no makeup. Fuzzy dice hung from the rear view mirror. On the back of her car was a big pink sticker that said, "I'm Spoiled." Good for her.

The man in the shiny black oversized sedan had a sticker too: "Kerry/Fonda." You've got to be joking. I hope you're joking.

The prize for dumbest thing of the day has to go to the man I saw trying to fix a light on a building. He set up his ladder on the crooked sidewalk that ran between the building and a drive-through line. One of the ladder's legs was just barely on the sidewalk. The ladder was not parallel to the building, but about 20 degrees crooked. He put a cigarette in his mouth, climbed to the very last step and attempted to reach for and repair the lamp. I could do nothing but stare with my mouth hanging open waiting for him to fall, pondering the lawsuits to follow and whether I should register as a witness with the defendant's bar. I had to leave before he made it back down, but I did see him attempt to go down just one step and it wasn't looking good for the dude.

How's your day?

2 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

My day was fine.

Thanks for asking.

Hey...

You never told me what the doctor said about you.

You "sound" ok...

But you could be disguising your voice.

E-mail me.

later...

9:58 PM, September 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a weird series of events that you observed, it's like some offbeat JJ Abrams TV show.

11:02 AM, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->