Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Weekday Update

Yeah, I'm still alive and all that. Barely hangin' on with all my responsibilities and such, but definitely still alive. I sure wish I could borrow some of that time I wasted during my 20s and use it now. I'm not doing anything I don't enjoy now - I just don't have enough time to do all the stuff I want to do. That doesn't stop me from trying though. Oh, no. No, no, no. That would be sanity. We don't do that here.

So, we have a "new" cat. Of course, she isn't new at all. She's been hanging around our back yard for a good six months - ever since she discovered the candy man lives here (that would be my husband). Who wouldn't stay for 6 meals a day and a constant flow of fresh milk? Frankly, I won't be surprised the day I come home and find 72 cats lounging around a 4-foot fountain-0-milk, licking tuna off their whiskers. That day is coming. Yes. It is.

Anyway, this cat became a victim of our antiquated garage door one night last week. We left the door open and somehow it came down in the night, trapping her paw between two panels high up on the door. I'm guessing she was sleeping on top of the door, some sort of fight broke out between the cripcats and the bloodcats and suddenly she found herself scrambling to stay on top.

James found her hanging from the door when he went out to deliver the milk in the morning. We rushed her and her flat-as-a-crepe paw to the vet and spent Colin's college fund fixing her up. And there is GOOD NEWS. She's got two little kittens in her tummy.

Yes.

So, I'm spending my days giving her pain medicine, giving her antibiotics, taking her back to the vet because her splint fell off, changing her litter box each time she uses it, feeling that tummy grow, taking her back to the vet because her splint fell off again and, finally, learning how to change the splint all by myself because, frankly, I am broke.

Somebody will just have to donate the 4-foot milk fountain and the tuna and the milk.

Other than all that, things are going along rather nicely. Three out of four of us are healthy (finally) and James is among the walking sick. The weather is finally FINALLY beautiful. Heavenly, really. We're finishing up basketball and getting ready for soccer and t-ball. The scouts are having a blast because, well, we are of course the most excellent scouting leaders. Of course. And then VBS is on the way and going strong.

I'm extra busy at work, which is the main reason for my blogging absence. I could tell you all about the crazy things people sue about, but then I'd have to kill you.

Anybody want a kitten?

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Yes, the weather is finally gorgeous! (I think it may be raining right now, but still not 20 degrees right?)

I would love a kitten, but Terry is allergic to them. I bet you find them a good home though. Other than yours. =_

6:41 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

HI there, I found you by googling homemaker blogs, and I just have to say I laughed out loud at the crip and blood cats. So sorry for Aunt Kay's injury, but your way with word cracks me up!

2:31 AM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, ouchie! The garage door thing made me wince. My sister did something very similar to my pinky finger once by shutting it in the hinges of our closet door, purportedly by accident. Well, the finger crushing was an accident. The door-shutting was totally on purpose. :)

Wish we could have a cat, but alas, our apartment doesn't allow for furry companions.

6:28 PM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->