Tuesday, January 22, 2008

All About Me (Again)

1. Do you wear a name tag at work?
No, but if I did it would look something like this gem from Mary Engelbreit, who signs her work "ME" - which is perfect for a MEME, don't you think?:


2. What kind of car do you drive?
Honda Odyssey, messy interior, dusty exterior (if you would be so liberal as to call street dirt "dust," that is).

3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell?
Mexican Pizza! When I was in college I interviewed with Taco Bell at the Pepsico headquarters. They took me to a Taco Bell store and let me make my own Mexican Pizza. It was great fun, but not fun enough for me to work there.

4. Have you ever had a garage sale?
At least three too many.

5. What color is your iPod?
White. And you know what? It is too small. I can never find that thing. I need a big iPod. Or maybe a boom box. Yes, I boom box is more my speed. I bet I could find that.

6. What kind of dog do you have?
plush

7. What's for dinner tonight?
Homemade cheeseburgers.

8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
Hmmmm. I might have had half a glass of red wine sometime last year, but mostly I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone?
Well, I wore it inside my bra, which isn't stupid in itself. But when you lean over a bit too far to flush and it falls into the toilet...that is stupid.

10. Last time you were sick?
Last week.

11. How long is your hair?
Below my shoulders.

12. Are you happy right now?
Happy? Enough. Content? Yes.

13. What did you say last?
"I think I'm going to have to take him to the doctor."

14. Who came over last?
My mom comes over every week!

16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted?
No.

17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys?
The three little metal snowflakes given to me by my Japanese friend, Kayo.

18. What was the last movie you watched at home?
Persuasion. Tonight I'm watching Mansfield Park.

19. What is in your pocket?
A Mary Kay lipstick (Whipped Berries)

20. Who introduced you to your crush?
We met in high school. I don't think we were ever formally introduced, now that you mention it! Egads!

21. Where do you hurt?
Nowhere.

22. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear?
How random is this question? No. And please, nobody better build me a bear. I don't want one. Please.

23. What DVD is in your DVD player?
Ratatouille. My boys have watched it at least 100 times. By the way, they were invited to a Ratatouille birthday sleepover last weekend and had a blast. They got aprons and chef's hats and made their own pizzas. They played pin the nose on the rat. They nibbled on cheese. They had a blast!

24. What's something fun you did today?
My girls took me to lunch for my birthday and we laughed so hard we had to hold on to our chairs just to stay in them. I think some of us had to do laundry when we got home.

25. Who was the principal of your high school?
Now see, once you know this, you'll just know EVERYTHING about me. These memes are just TOO DARNED REVEALING.

Dennis Iselin.

Now, every time someone Googles Dennis Iselin, they'll come here and they'll feel some amount of shame if they graduated from the same school as me. I'm sorry, EHS alumni. I really am. I'll try to do better.

26. Has your house ever been TPd?
No and it better never be either.

27. What do you think of when you hear the word 'meow'?
My husband James.

(Let your imagination go wild with that one!)

28. What are you listening to right now?
The fire in the wood stove. MMmmmmmmm.

29. Drinkin?
Nuthin'!! Hey, James, BRING ME A DRINK!!!

30. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart?
Man, I don't like Wal-Mart. It is simply too much. Too loud. Too busy. Too many choices. It is getting better, though. Wider aisles and not so many loudspeaker calls for that blasted CM.

What was the question?

Oh. I guess the scrapbooking aisle.

31. When is your birthday?
November 11. (My girlfriends are as far behind as I am).

32. What's the area code for your cell phone?
Why do you ask?

33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now?
Target. I am always on the cutting edge of fashion.

34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror?
Yes. I have a tiny little crystal snowflake pendant that just peeks out from under the mirror.

35. How many states in the US have you been to?
Twenty Eight. I'm shooting for 47.

37. What are you going to do after this?
Read two cases and watch Mansfield Park.

38. Who was the last person you went shopping with?
Can't remember. I don't usually shop with others. I don't linger and I don't like to shop with lingerererers. . . so I'm not a very good shopping buddy.

40. What about your favorite dessert?
New York cheesecake with a few little fresh berries on the side.

41. What is something you need to go shopping for?
A new broom. Are you trying to go shopping with me or something? What is with all the shopping questions? I can get a broom all by myself. Really. I can.

Is it your birthday or something?

42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives?
My last name is the same as my husband and children.

43. What kind of car do your siblings drive?
How is this relevant to ME? This is a MEme!! ME. ME. ME.

44. Do you like pickles?
Rarely.

45. What about olives?
What?

47. What is your favorite kind of juice?
Orange juice.

48. Do you have any tan lines?
Sadly enough, I still have tan lines from the time I got burned in Beaumont, Texas in 1997.
And let me tell you, Beaumont is not worth the burn.

49. What hospital were you born in?
Lancaster something-or-other.

50. Do you remember the name of your kindergarten teacher?
I think it was Mrs. Sparks. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I don't even remember if I went to kindergarten. I don't think it was invented yet. I'm really old, you know.

(Does anyone know what happened to question 15?)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could I have forgotten about cheesecake when I filled mine out? Darn it! If you are brave enough, try making Martha Stewart's New York Style Cheesecake recipe (in her Baking Handbook). I made it once last summer and it is the best darned cheesecake I've ever had. Well worth the 3 pounds of cream cheese and the process of making it. I think it's just about time to make another one. Yum.

If I gain 10 lbs. from making a cheesecake, can I sue you for damages since it was your "advertising" that led to my needing cheesecake? Just kidding!

10:28 PM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Jan said...

Karla (Grace):

Do not sue me. Do not.

Anyway, you in your size small shirt can probably afford to gain 10 pounds from a cheesecake.

8:56 PM, January 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->