Thursday, January 31, 2008

Marcy's Snowy Day Questionairre

1. What is your occupation?
Well, I’m supposed to be an attorney, but I keep
myself occupied with mopping floors, folding laundry,
cooking dinners, washing dishes,stamping cards,
blogging, paying bills, pulling weeds, lunching with
friends, driving children, helping with homework,
cleaning toilets,watching television, reading books
and, of course, Bible study.
2. What color are your socks right now? 
White. Well, originally white…but kinda dingy.
I really should be more careful with laundry. Also,
I probably should not have worn them outside in the
snow to collect firewood.
3. What are you listening to right now? 
The big orange cat who always sits on my arms when
I am typing. He is purring and breathing loudly.
Cats like me.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? 
Turkey and cheese sandwich on nutty bread with
tortilla chips and salsa and a vanilla cream
soda in a bottle.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Oh, yes. Learned to drive in my first car:
a red/orange 1977 Volkswagen Superbeetle.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?  
periwinkle
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?  
I just finished telling the lady at the bank that
our bank has the lousiest website on the World-Wide Web.
Wasn’t that so nice of me to point that out?
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?   
Oh yes. What’s not to like about Marcy?
9. How old are you today?  
44
10. Favorite drink?  
Coca Cola with ice chips.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? 
Whatever my boys are playing.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?   
Me? Why do you ask?
13. Pets?   
Ahem. Yes.
14. Favorite food?  
Cheesecake.
15. Last movie you watched? 
A Christmas Story. I rented it because we don’t
have cable and we couldn’t see it on television.
Did you know they scrubbed the tv version? The
real thing is rather gritty. I was stunned.
I heard my boys talking in the bathroom while they
brushed their teeth. Spencer said, “I don’t know WHY
Mommy made us watch that movie. I mean, there were
lots of bad words in it that she would never let us
say!”
Colin: “I know! I’m going to forget every bit
of it. Like, especially that word that means chocolate.”

Spencer, “Yeah.”
(Fudge).
16. Favorite Day of the year?
Any day that my kids get along and my husband is in
a good mood.
17. What do you do to vent anger?  
I clean. And that is so unfair.
Nobody should benefit from my anger.
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Hmmmm. Marcy reminded me of the Crissy doll,
which I really did like. I think I probably like a
dollhouse best, though.
19. What is your favorite season?  
Fall
20. Hugs or kisses?  
Hugs. Even better? Play with my hair.
21. Cherry or Blueberry?  
Cherry.
22. Do you want your friends to email you back?  
Usually. Of course, they still have to be my friends
even if they neglect me.
23.  What is your favorite Bible verse?
Malachi 3:16
Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD
listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence
concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.

24. What is the best show on television that starts tonight
at 7:00 cst on ABC?
Lost

25. What happened to:

showing respect to adults?
26. When was the last time you cried?   
Sunday during Praise and Worship at church.
27. How's the weather?
Blustery and snowy. Two days ago we were driving to school when
the first cold front came n We could see the dust storm (red dirt)
to the west. Then, right about the time we were passing Lake Hefner,
it hit the lake and little water tornados came up out of the lake!
The front (and the dirt) hit us hard! Then yesterday, when I went to
the school to pick up the boys, Colin was waiting outside, holding on
to the lightpost, his legs blowing in the wind. I kid you not.
It was hilarious! So, today the snow finally arrived.

28. What's for dinner?
Teriyaki pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans and homemade bread.
Oh, and hot tea.

29. Are you still wearing your pajamas?
Well, um, yes. But I did take a shower! And I've kept busy.
Really, I have. Anyway, why else would Thursdays be my favorite?

Don't judge me.

30. Favorite smells?

Lilacs.
31. Who inspires you?
Marcia, Andrea, Denise, Sandy, Penny, Jodie.
32. What are you afraid of?
Roaches.
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Yes, please.
34. Favorite car?  
1977 red/orange VW Superbeetle.
35. Favorite cat breed?   
Maine Coon, hands down.
36. Number of keys on your key ring?
Four. Hmmmm. I only know how to use two of them.
Who put those other two on there?
37. How many years at your current job?
THIRTEEN!
38. Favorite day of the week? 
Thursday
39. How many states have you lived in?  
Six. Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas
40. Do you think you're funny?
Well, I crack myself up often. I’m not sure if other people think I’m funny…but some of them at least pretend I am. My friends are nice like that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come to your house for supper? (I promise to say something inspiring.) And will you come to my house next time you get angry? I think it's okay for friends to benefit from your anger, don't you?

2:04 PM, January 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->