Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami
I have been deeply affected by the news of the tsunami in Asia. It is an unimaginable horror. There are thousands of news sites and blogs with information about what happened and what is happening. I found this blog with a video, that shows how quickly the water came up and how surreal it was for those who experienced it first hand. At first it seemed like a bit of water was coming in and the people didn't seem scared, although maybe suprised. Then suddenly everything was floating. Unbelievable. Just pray. (And go here for updates and ways to help).

UPDATE: The "blog with a video" is now a blog with many videos, but Apple is charging him for using up bandwith because he is getting so many visits. If you visit, tread lightly and consider a contribution.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Im said...

I also used to live near lower Greenville in Dallas while attending seminary. Now I'm in South Korea with my husband and son. We pray for those people that survived the tsunami to be able to get decent drinking water and medical care so that they don't contract other illnesses. Also pray that their hearts would be touched by God.

6:27 PM, December 28, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from Australia - I think I know someone who misses you and cannot stop talking about how great Oklahoma is. We are glad y'all are looking after our friend because she is very special to us. She has resumed her habit of breaking wind in public and smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day please help her!

12:38 AM, December 29, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->