Monday, March 06, 2006

It was a glorious day! We had sunshine and a light breeze. It was around 80 degrees. Of course we need rain, but today was still wonderful. After Spence and I enjoyed lunch on the back porch, we headed out for a bike ride around the lake. Spencer was adorable on his tiny bike with the training wheels, peddling a mile a minute! If he turned around to look at me, he would veer off into the grass, but he kept doing it anyway!

After our ride, we came home and he played in the back yard with Colin while I took a cat nap on the bed with all the windows open so I could hear the children and the birds. The boys stayed outside all evening, finally coming in for a warm shower. If they had taken a bath, it would have all turned to mud!!! It sure is "dusty" back there!

So, with that, I give you one of my favorite things about Oklahoma City: Lake Hefner. Lake Hefner is known as one of the best lakes in the country for sailing! The wind conditions are favorable and constant, so you can really go for a ride! There are trails, playgrounds and picnic areas. On the south side is a golf course. You will see kite boarders, kayakers and sailboats. You can stop to eat at Bahama Breeze, Redrock Canyon Grill or Pearls, all of which have outdoor lakeside seating. The bird watching is fantastic, and it is a great place to take a blanket and a picnic!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Lake Hefner is awesome. I love walking on the trails with the dogs. They also love to play at the dog park. The food there is great, but too expensive for a teacher salary. I prefer to pack a nice picnic and eat on the beach there.

7:32 AM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->