Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Front
We trudged to the grocery store today in 87 degree muggy weather. When we left for home, it was arout 67. Now it is in the 50s. Fabulous. My grumpiness, which has been growing for days, lifted with the heat and I am in now in full swing happy me mode. Yay. For those of you who have put up with me these past few days, I apologize.

The plumbing fantasy is becoming more and more dreary. For one thing, the plumber, who first came to visit last Thursday, is still here. Oh yes, he goes home to his wife in the evenings, but he's mine in the daytime. He spent a good amount of time today trying to tear through tile and then wet plaster which was reinforced with steel mesh. Another good chunk was spent trying to find parts, which have become scarce in the wake of Katrina. Apparently 3 inch pipe is now like gold. After hours and hours of shopping, I finally found faucets and handles for the bath. I need wall mounted, three knob kits, which are difficult to find, but, I got one and I liked it and the plumber said no. AAAAAaaaaaaagggghhhhhhh.

I think I'll be spending most of my weekend in seclusion preparing for the ladies retreat. I'm even thinking about fasting for one day - or at least until I'm finished with the plan. To that end, I'm trying to clean up the house BEFORE the fam leaves so I won't be distracted by clutter calling out to me. I don't think I'll be luxuriating in the bath (see paragraph above).

I've ordered costumes for the boys even though I'm less and less inclined to participate in Halloween festivities. They'll enjoy the costumes for months, though. Spencer got a Thunderbirds flight suit and Colin got a lab coat with his name on it. They are both thrilled.

Lost was really good tonight. We got more information than ever before, but we still don't know what is going on. Desmond finally broke away from his job, Ana Lucia doesn't believe the guys were on the plane, Locke questions faith, Hurley is freaked out, and Jin speaks English. I can't get enough of that show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->