Monday, October 10, 2005

No Cedar Makes Your Life Easier
We have 5 large (LARGE) cedar trees in our back yard. Five. Four of them line our drive and the other is a few feet from our house, over the patio and sidewalk.

Have you ever had a cedar? Cedars have beautiful trunks and provide a fair amount of shade. They smell wonderful. The trouble is, they shed.

Not seasonally. . . DAILY.

Weary of the work, I haven't swept the cedar shavings in a month. This morning, the shed pile was about an inch deep all over. Can you imagine? It is so tiresome, I tell you.

We also have a large pecan tree that branches over the drive. It has been dropping pecans and we have been driving over them. The entire driveway is like one large mincemeat pie. The birds love it. Me? Not so much.

I finally got to work today and filled up an entire trashcan with cedar and pecan debris!! I raked and I swept and then I hosed it down. Despite the fact that the drive is stained with pecan oil, it looked beautiful. Breathing a sigh of relief, I went inside and cooked dinner.

After dinner, I went out to enjoy my newly cleaned back yard. The little blue cedar berries were dropping down on the sidewalk and the pecans were bouncing down the drive. Aaaghh, the promise of another day of work.

gggggrrrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->